Benefits Of Lemongrass Oil
Lemongrass oil has a refreshing citrus fragrance that is not only appealing to the senses but is also thought to deliver some deep routed benefits'. This oil is extracted from tall grass also known as citronella grass, that grows in tropical climates. Lemongrass essential oil has a thin consistency and lemon-like scent. It can be bright or pale yellow.
Natural practitioners have been using lemongrass oil for treating various illnesses ranging from headaches to infections. Studies have confirmed its healing effects in mice.
Properties of lemongrass oil
Lemongrass oil is composed of terpene, ketones, alcohol, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. These compounds have properties that make this oil popular and widely celebrated as a beneficial oil.
- Antibacterial properties - fights bacteria and prevents infections
- Anti-inflammatory - reduces swelling, tenderness, fever, and pain
- Antifungal properties - prevents fungal growth
- Antioxidant properties - prevent or slow damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Benefits of lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass aromatherapy might help in reducing stress and uplifting your mood. The peace-inducing properties of this oil help calm the senses and generate feelings of wellness. Lite up a natural lemongrass candle or use a diffuser, the refreshing aroma will help you feel better instantly. Inhaling the fragrance along with some relaxing massage will enhance the benefits. The positive effects of lemongrass and sweet almond oil massage were evaluated by a study. A reduction in diastolic pressure was noted in the individuals who got a regular massage.
Relieve pain - reduces headaches and migraine
Research study suggests that the use of lemongrass oil may be beneficial in relieving headache. A compound in lemongrass known as eugenol affects neurotransmitter serotonin and blood-platelet action, thus reducing the headache. Lemongrass has been used as a traditional headache treatment in Australia and is proven to deliver similar relief as aspirin.
Relieve digestive problems
Various herbal teas and supplements used for nausea have dried lemongrass as a major ingredient. Its aromatherapy might help with a stomach ache and other digestive problems. The effectiveness of lemongrass oil in this regard has been proven in mice while studies on humans are yet to be conducted.
Antiseptic and astringent properties
The antiseptic properties of this oil come into play by cleansing and disinfecting wounds and bruises. It is generally considered to be natural astringent.
Skin cleansing and renewal
The antioxidant properties of lemongrass help in clarifying and detoxifying it. The overall skin texture can be improved by the use of lemongrass oil. It provides skin cleansing and prevents acne and can help heal other skin allergies. The Limonene content in this oil works to provide natural skin lightening.
Decrease cholesterol levels
Higher cholesterol levels form the basis of cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to keep these levels under control. Lemongrass might help in lowering cholesterol levels and preventing various heart diseases. It is important to be cautious with the oral consumption of this oil as all types are not considered to be edible.
Acts as a natural insect repellent
Lemongrass oil is found to be effective in repelling insects. This is a natural remedy free from harsh chemicals. Spraying lemongrass oil in areas where there are insect infestations might help get rid of them.
The refreshing scent of lemongrass oil when inhaled generates several prominent benefits. Some of these are listed below:
- Mental relaxation by providing relief from stressful thoughts
- Imparts mental clarity by removing nervousness and ambiguity
- Refreshes the environment and uplifts the mood.
Following are the ways in which lemongrass aromatherapy can be benefited from;
- Steam inhalation - put 3 to 4 drops of oil in hot water and inhale the steam.
- Direct inhalation - apply 2 to 3 drops on a cloth or napkin and smell after short durations. Direct skin contact with pure essential oil might cause skin irritation. Therefore it is recommended to dilute it in a carrier oil before direct topical application.
- Diffusers disperse - The sweet and soothing aroma can be dispersed in your environment. This will allow gradual and continuous inhalation as you carry on with your routine chores.
- Natural candles - light up natural candles made up of lemongrass oils to soothe and relax.
Others ways include:
- Aromatherapy bath by adding a few drops of diluted essential oil to your bathwater and enjoy the gradual relief and relaxation.
- Aromatherapy massage, a few drops of essential oil can be added to your massage lotion.
Avoid direct application of essential oils on the skin; it can cause skin irritation and itching. Make sure to dilute the essential oils with some carrier oil. These oils include olive oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil. Inhaling of essential oils for longer durations of time may result in dizziness and. headache. Administer a safe and short exposure. These oils should never be ingested.
Heaven Of Joy presents 100% Natural Lemongrass Candle
Our essential oil candles with the perfect combination of oil scents, clean up your air, give a boost to your respiratory system and stimulate the sense of wellness and joy.
- Pure Aromatherapy
- Grade Essential Oils
- Natural Vegetal Wax & Cotton Wick. 8Oz
- 40 hours of pure ecstasy
Visit our store for more information and get hold of the amazing aromatic products.